Thursday, September 09, 2004

I Hate Marvel

"But you can't hate Marvel Comics ... they make X-Men!!!!!!1!1!!11!!111one" Yeah, but they also turned some of the original badasses into straight-up pussies.

What badasses might I be talking about? The one whose pussification pisses me off the most is Thor. Thor, God of Thunder. Thor, Patron of All Vikings. Thor, Son of Odin. Thor, Blonde Douche That Says Shit Like "Verily, ye shall pay evil doer!"

They managed to somehow equate the hottest temper that any realm has seen to Ward fucking Cleaver. That is some most definite shit, and I'm just not having it.

What do I plan to do about it? I finally worked up the nerve to draw the Asgardians the way that I see them, with a story to fit. I don't expect that everybody will be pleased with my notion of the Asgardians, but I doubt that I can do much worse of a job than Marvel did.

Why do I think mine will be any better? Charcoal, if for no better reason. I do a good deal of computer imaging and whatnot, and I've come to the conclusion that no matter how good that junk looks, it will NEVER be able to replace good old get-your-hands-dirtier-than-shit charcoal drawings.

I don't know how long this project's going to take. It's going to be called Midgard. It's going to revolve mainly around Thor. It's going to be free to anybody that wants a copy (though I may ask for some help with the shipping). Leave a comment if you want me to remember you when printing the copies out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home