Thursday, September 16, 2004

Ramblings

So, I'm sitting here bored again.

I just got home. I've been chatting with my mostly inebriated friend Chris. I tutored Chris (as well as most of the rest of the class) when he and I were in a couple of computer science courses together at the local college. In return, he'd provide me with a ride to and from school. Wasn't a bad trade ... it meant I only had to walk the three miles from work to his house instead of the twenty miles from work to school.

Anyways, I've not heard from Chris in a while. I quit school again halfway through last year. Turns out that the instructor that he and I studied under is having a shindig this weekend for his students, and Chris thinks that Doc Mabis will get a kick out of my showing up. I don't doubt it.

You see, when Mabis has me in a class, he's happy. It's not because I'm a terribly charming person or anything (hello ... been paying attention). It's because I'm about the only fucker that will talk in his classes. He's got a kinda different teaching style. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but it does tend to alienate his students a bit. The biggest problem is that he lets you know at the beginning of each term that he expects the material to be covered in class to have been read before the class. I've never actually done it (I've been coding for a long time ... not much trouble to be found in general CS courses), but I don't consider it to be an unreasonable request. The problem is that most students, myself included, are just terribly fucking lazy. They tend to think that every class is going to be a breeze. That's just not the case.

At any rate, I guess I'm going to go, so long as Chris does. I get to be his date!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home