Sunday, September 19, 2004

I Hate Friends

Since they're friends, it would almost seem implicit that i would not hate them. Guess what. I do.

It's not really thier fault. The problem is that knowing a person like me eventually makes a person realize that I am of use on occasion, so favors start to be asked. So, a person of utility like myself ends up helping out with these favors in order to make a buddy's life easier. Eventually, in a scenario like this, the only reason that a person calls you is because you're useful. You stop having conversations that don't involve solving a person-not-yourself's problems. You stop working on fucked up cars that aren't yours. You stop beating the fuck out of people that didn't directly threaten you.

You know the deal ... sometimes you find drunks sleeping on your couch that aren't you.

Me, I'm definitely part of the problem ... I don't act like a complete idiot around friends all of the time. If you fancy yourself as a jack-of-all-trades, don't let people in on it. Or, in the words of Jimmy (one of the few friends that hasn't managed to piss me off), "Don't do that, that's something I would do."

2 Comments:

Blogger pooster said...

That's my problem ... my friends are goddamned relentless. You'll have that in this state, je suppose.

pooster

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should be more selective of who you consider to be your friend.

Whats the point of being friends with those people if they don't treat you right. Dont be inactive, take action - Malcolm X's way of life. Why sit by while your friends dry you up...do something about it.

Its not bad to hate, whoever appointed right and wrong - but its better to live life for you, and let people enter it, as appose to entering theirs.

w/e.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home